homemadeeatenshop

26.1.12

Reception

Thanks to all the help of my family I was able to have a beautiful reception. Again, without family who knew me so well I don’t know how well it would of turned out.

It was in the backyard of my most gracious uncle Merril, and the evening was a beautiful golden august one.

Making good cookies is in the family. My parents and sister spent hours making all the delicious cookies before the wedding. Our favorites were these lime shortbread cookies, which were made in lemon too. + pecan shortbread + coconut + chocolate chips. Of course milk was served also.

Our cheese fountain, which only lasted about a half hour.. but matched the theme.

Lovely Aunt Nicky was patient and loving to make this beautiful cake for us. I have never had someone get a color so perfectly by me just describing it to them.

We thought it would be fun to actually entertain our guests, so we set up a live music schedule for the evening (aren’t Mr. Woods Poster making skills nice?)

We even got in playing --“If I were a carpenter” by Johnny and June Carter Cash, and at the end of the night “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes.  Needless to say there were a lot of tears, and not just on my part. Thank you especially to our good friends Steve for playing the trumpet, and Christina for joining our whistling choir. And of course my beloved little brother for playing with us and practicing out in the yard despite yards of embarrassment he could have suffered.

The party was the best I’ve ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment