homemadeeatenshop

9.5.12

Bowknots sneak peak: Bigger steps

HPIM5283

Hi Friends! Thought I would show you some things I'm getting ready to put up on bowknots.

HPIM5259

This lovely fabric I will be making some blouses with. Yes, that’s right. I’m going to actually start selling the clothes I make. In this case a lovely cotton grey chambray will be a cap sleeved blouse with peter pan collar. I am still working on adjusting the pattern, but I’ll keep you updated. The other is a lovely blue poly/cotton chambray that is light weight and super comfortable. Everything from the pattern to the bias tape will be made and designed by me, so here it goes!

It is kind of scary making my own designs to sell. Learning to trust myself with the responsibility of making my own design choices has been huge—let alone trying to make something someone other then me would wear. But, it is something I’ve always wanted to try, and this season of my life is ideal, so I’m giving it a go before other opportunities take up my time and thoughts. Wish me luck. Obviously you all will be the first to see my new tops, so I would love your feedback!

The other things I've been working on, that should be up next week: Lace bow bobbies. I wore one today to the grocery store, and feel quite feminine.

HPIM5289

HPIM5317

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous stuff! Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete