homemadeeatenshop

25.6.12

Our life: Roadtrip

Last week Mr. Wood and I joined the Wood family on a trip to Wyoming.

Goodness gracious. No one told me that Wyoming looked like this!

My beautiful picture

I practically cried driving into Jackson Sunday night. I haven’t seen this many trees in years.

It was lovely. The air was so sweet, the land was filled with life. We spent the week sight seeing our brains out, birding till our pupils were sore and cooking delicious foods for the family. Did you know how many birds there were in real forests? I’ll tell you, practically all of them. I think we added 20 something birds to our co-birding list in just a few days!

My beautiful picture

Monday we set off for Jenny Lake. The weather was gorgeously misty and cool, perfect for hikes up big mountain sides. This was my favorite day, Rain + pine trees + cool air + beautiful rivers + wonderful people = the favorite day.

My beautiful picture

We finished the night with dinner at The Q in Jackson. It was wonderful barbeque meals. The plates were the size of four of my stomachs. The food was all local, from the buns to the pork—beautiful.

Tuesday was cool, so we went to some hot springs some where in the mountains. IT is actually a hot spring that pours into a huge pool built back in the 30s. I don’t have pictures. Just know that Ravens were clever enough to take half our lunch, and hot spring water and cool mountain air healed us of our sorrows.

My beautiful picture

Next day we were off to Yellowstone to see everything we could. We missed old faithful by a quarter mile, so we got it coming out of my head instead. Thanks Mr. Wood….

My beautiful picture

Did you know that at Yellowstone they have colorful holes in the ground filled with nearly boiling hot water?

My beautiful picture

The prismatic pool looks like it is filled with melted cheddar cheese. But it is living organisms!

My beautiful picture

My beautiful picture

We ended the day at Tower falls (sort of, there were plenty of buffalo between tower falls and Jackson) and Mr. Wood was a dream boat as usual.

My beautiful picture

My beautiful picture

Thursday was filled with good food. Mr. Wood and I treated the family to burgers and homemade pizza. Delicious. We also went touristing in Jackson. Good thing too, because we saw a cliff swallow, a Gadwall duck couple dancing in a pond and a lonely Wilson’s Phalarope.

We also chanced upon the sweetest shop: Work Shop filled with perfectly aesthetically pleasing items. Honestly, way better things and more variety than posted on their website.

This was our souvenir: old fashioned candies. The ginger hard candies were the best, just simple fiery little herbal drops.

My beautiful picture

Next, we had more Yellowstone. My favorite part of Friday was seeing “the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone” Lame name, but beautiful spot. Once you see it, you finally realize why it’s called Yellowstone.

My beautiful picture

My beautiful picture

My beautiful picture

Now we are back. To real life.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment